Hello! I've been working as a software developer and architect for 10+ years with duties ranging from system administration and building custom WordPress plugins to building and maintaining a suite of Angular libraries.
I also love building pipelines and will readily geek out over automation.
Issued by Steve McKinzie - Manager Software Engineering - August 2022For a very successful cross-team collaboration to accomplish a company-wide goal.
Presented by Michael Kobush - Sr. Software Performance Engineer - August 2022Developed project used as subject of the talk "Shift Left SLOs to Automate Release Validation in Pre-Production".
Issued by Andy Beal - COO - April 2019For outstanding contribution to a long term project.
National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) | Kansas City, MO
Sr. Software Engineer I | February 2018 – Present
- Co-lead project to improve team CI/CD with features and enhancements that were utilized company-wide.
- Extensive pipeline development with Bash, Python, Docker, AWS S3, and Kubernetes.
- Helped document and lead demonstrations educating team members on CI/CD process.
- Lead project to integrate performance testing into CI/CD pipeline featured at KCDC 2022.
- Helped spearhead DevOps initiatives that were bleeding edge to the company.
- Department SME (Subject Matter Expert) on Angular architecture and best practices.
- Set department standards for Angular development.
- Developed a suite of NPM packages to be consumed by department Angular apps.
- Founding member of the NAIC UI Committee to help set company-wide standards for user experience.
- Lead team workshops teaching best practices around Angular unit tests, state management, and accessibility.
- Lead projects to help keep Angular applications up-to-date using best practices.
- Lead projects to help team's Maven projects stay secure and up-to-date.
Motion Constrained | Laporte, CO
Web Developer and System Administrator | January 2017 – Present
- Automate inventory sync between two ecommerce stores.
- Create and maintain Angular micro frontend to boost interactivity of ecommerce store.
- Clean and modern redesign of company ecommerce stores with responsive styling fixes.
- Monitor sales, security, updates, and general activity.
- SEO and site speed optimization.
- Front and backend code refactoring.
- General IT work at warehouse site before moving in August 2017 (workstation maintenance, employee file, message, and password management).
TriCom Technical Services | Kansas City, MO
Contractor | August 2017 - February 2018
- Contract-to-hire for NAIC.
- Brought on to create new applications written in Angular and microservices in Spring Boot/Java EE.
VisFire | Fort Collins, CO
Website Development and Marketing Specialist | July 2013 – December 2016
- Performed diagnostic site repair and maintenance, as well as new feature development for dozens of clients.
- Worked remotely 40 hours per week while attending school providing reliable and punctual technical support for clients.
- Client-side and server-side development with WordPress, Drupal, and various ecommerce content management systems (Magento, CS-Cart, NetSuite).
- Played a key role in many marketing campaigns consisting of promotions through social media, email campaigns, and search engine optimization.
Freelance Software / Web Development | Fort Collins, CO
Consultant | March 2013 – Present
- Designed, built, and deployed dozens of websites and ecommerce stores on different platforms.
- Set up hosting, domain registration/transfer/DNS records along with email.
- Helped transition digital assets between companies.
- Help various clients establish a web presence by setting up social media accounts and company websites.
- Mastered the art of managing client expectations, anticipating questions, prioritizing transparency, and effectively communicating to business owners.
Regularly attend and participate in:
- NgConf annually since 2019
- KCDC annually since 2018
- I write about topics I find interesting and think others will find useful.
Colorado State University | Fort Collins, CO
Computer Science | Fall 2013 – Fall 2016
Additional Independent Learning
- I'm frequently taking online courses (PluralSight, Udemy, etc) to expand my knowledge into different areas and sharpen the skills I already have.
- I attend workshops as often as I can. Favorite workshop attended: “Advanced Angular: Architecture and Concepts with Dan Wahlin and John Papa”.
- Frequently deep diving into various topics.